In case you were doubting it, summer has definitely arrived in all its glory.
I hate the heat. And because these days my internal temperature is a little higher than most people’s, I can say with complete sincerity, I really hate the heat. A nice cool pool sounds like a great alternative to this hot, muggy, Alabama weather, but I think I’d rather die than wear a bathing suit in my third trimester. So… I’ll settle for staying in doors. Until I can’t handle being cooped up anymore. Then, I’ll go to the mall.
Or just make up a batch of this fruit salad. Or go to the mall and then make this fruit salad. Yeah, that sounds better.
But seriously, I love everything about this dish. It’s so juicy and refreshing, it’s just what summer ordered!
Bring this to your next summer BBQ or have it on your list to serve at a 4th of July party! It’s easy to make and everyone will love it!
- 1 12oz. can peach pie filling
- 1 8oz. container frozen strawberries in syrup, thawed
- 1 10oz. can chunk mixed fruit, drained
- 1 10oz. can mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 10oz. can pineapple tidbits, drained
- Green apples, diced (optional)
- Green grapes, sliced (optional)
- Banana (optional)
- Drain chunk mixed fruit, mandarin oranges, and pineapple tidbits.
- In a serving bowl combine peach pie filling, thawed strawberries, chunk mixed fruit, mandarin oranges, pineapple tidbits, and stir well to combine.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve. (Best if chilled for a few hours before serving)
- Prior to serving, add diced apples, grapes, and bananas if using.
- Serve immediately.