I know what you’re thinking. Everyone claims to have the perfect Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe on their blog. So, let me add to this that these are MY perfect chocolate chip cookies.
I’ve been on the hunt for the perfect chocolate chip cookie recipe for me for what seems like an eternity. I like my cookies to be crunchy on the edges, chewy in the center, and to involve plenty of chocolate. Over the years, I’ve made many different recipes and none of them seemed to produce anything close to what I was looking for. So, I started the hunt on my own and after many many failed attempts, I finally did it.
These cookies are ALL butter, involved three different types of sugar AND produce the perfect chocolate to cookie ratio.
They also go perfectly with a glass of milk.
- 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- ¾ cup dark brown sugar
- ¾ cup light brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2¾ cup all purpose flour
- 1 egg + 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1½ cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, salt, and baking powder until well combined and set aside.
- In a stand mixer, cream together butter and sugars until well combined, 2-3 minutes. Add egg, egg yolk, and vanilla extract and mix on low speed for 2 additional minutes.
- Add half of dry flour mixture to wet ingredients in stand mixer and mix on low speed until combined. Scrape the edge of your bowl and add milk. Stir on low to combine. Then, add the rest of your dry ingredients. Mix on low-medium speed until your mixture is fully combined.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- CHILL dough in refrigerator for 36-72 hours before baking.
- When ready to bake, scoop out rounded tablespoon sized balls of cookie dough onto parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes or until edges are slightly golden brown.
Subscribe to Dixieland by Email