Wakey, wakey, eggs and bakey — well, not quite.
I’m not a huge breakfast person. I actually skip breakfast a lot and don’t eat anything until around lunch time.
However, C is a HUGE breakfast fan. He could eat breakfast food anytime of the day and be a very very happy man. Yes, I’ve found the secret to of a healthy and happy marriage with my husband. Just whip him up some eggs and I can pretty much get anything I want. Shhh… don’t tell him I know that.
Anyway, of course when it comes to this breakfast food, he wants it to be tried and true – eggs, bacon, potatoes, sausage gravy – the works! And I’m all, “can’t we just have pancakes or something with sugar on it?”
We end up compromising and it’s a sweet breakfast treat with some kind of meat thrown into the mix. Compromise is key to any
food disagreement marriage I tell ya.
I love love love these sweet rolls! They’re easy to make and they make any boring egg and bacon breakfast well, not boring.
I could eat them day or night. As a matter of fact, I have.
- 1 roll Pillsbury crescent rounds
- 8oz cream cheese, softened
- ½ stick unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Spray baking sheet lightly with Pam.
- In a small bowl, mix cream cheese, butter and sugar.
- Lay out crescent rounds on a flat surface and spread cream cheese mixture evenly across.
- Carefully roll each section of crescent rounds to form a roll and place on baking sheet.
- Bake according to crescent round instructions.
- While rolls are baking, make glaze by combining powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla in a small bowl.
- Once rolls are finished baking, remove from oven and immediately drizzle with glaze.
- Best when served immediately.
- Store in airtight container for 2-3 days.